Happy 28th birthday Lee Sungmin.
I wonder if you will ever know how much you are loved, how much you are appreciated, how much you are cared for by so many fans all around the world, and by me. We will probably never meet and I will probably never ever get a chance to say all this to you, but these are the words that I wish you would hear, every day, every minute, just to know that you are loved.
1. I love your singing. I love that your voice isn’t too low, or too high it’s such a nice pitch to listen to whenever I’m tired or I’m drifting off to sleep.
2. I love your dancing. I love that you can go from doing ‘If You Leave’ to dancing ‘Oppa Oppa’ with that annoying cute smirk on your face. It’s just so different from Hyukjae’s powerful moves or Donghae’s smooth ones, but you have your own certain style and it makes your dancing even more perfect.
3. I love your smile. It’s so bright and blindingly beautiful. Need I say more?
4. I love your laugh. You shouldn’t cover your mouth when you laugh, you look adorable. And the sound that comes out just makes me so happy and giggly because it is so infectious.
5. I love your fingers. They are so slender and they are always wrapped around the microphone so neatly and cutely I usually coo.
6. I love your hair. No matter whatever weird hairstyle you have had to endure for the albums, it always comes out looking perfectly normal and so do you. Except maybe the orange one that looked like a helmet. But it looks better now with that trim ^^
7. I love your eyes. I love how they shine every time you laugh or smile or the way they crinkle up whenever you’re happy.
8. I love your lips. They looks so beautiful, almost like a girl’s and they make you look even more gorgeous than you already are.
9. I love your arms. They defy everybody who says that you’re feminine because they are so defined and obviously muscular from all your martial arts and dance training and they complete you. This is your image to me: a man who is so strong, but refuses to use his strength, which takes more strength than a person who swings at the first insult.
10. I love your martial arts skill. The love that you display for it every time you get to show it off just makes me so warm inside because it’s a part of Chinese culture, like me and it makes so happy to have something in common with you.
11. I love your humility. Every time a member pushes you forward or says something nice about you, that small smile that graces your face is so lovely and just makes me tear up a little because you’re one of the humblest people I know.
12. I love your smirk. It’s such a different side from your usual happy smiling self and it makes me go all spazzy and OMG CAN YOU BE ANY MORE ATTRACTIVE?
13. I love your ring. Though I don’t know what it represents, the fact that you wear it all the time is a reminder that it probably means a lot to you and it is a promise to somebody. No matter what is is, I’m sure it’s very important to you and it’s just so amazing that you can keep that promise for so long and so close to your heart. It just reinforces what an amazing man you are.
14. I love the way you pout. I like it that you do it unconsciously sometimes or when you’re thinking really hard, and you do it so naturally that nobody else can even compare. Yours is the best.
15. I love your obsession with pink. I don’t even like pink much mind you, but I love it on you. It goes very well with your porcelain skin and you pull it off so well and effortlessly and without a care in the world that it makes me feel, Lee Sungmin is born to wear pink.
16. I love it when you wear caps. The way you pull it down low over your forehead sometimes, or push it up askew on your hair tells me about your mood sometimes, and the annoying bobble thingies that you have on them sometimes just make me smile in the end as I watch it bounce up and down.
17. I love it whenever you bounce around on Sukira or music/variety shows. Like when you were doing Oppa Oppa with Wook on Sukira, it’s so rare to see you not composed or serious and I love this fun-loving side of you. I bet you have some ssanti too don’t you? You should show it more often :)
18. I love your dedication to your work. It breaks my heart to see how tired you get sometimes and the bags under your eyes, but to watch as you put your all into those few minutes of dancing or singing and giving it all the energy you have, it makes me so proud to be your fan, to be an ELF.
19. I love that you’re a fashion terrorist. Wearing a one piece to sleep Ming really? But omg it makes you even more adorable than you already are and every time I see another weird outfit from you I just can’t help breaking into laughter, no matter where I am.
20. I love the love you have for your pets. I don’t really like cats but every time you take pictures of them I can’t help cooing, and Kakao is so adorable I can imagine you playing with them and it comforts me to know that you have pets to love and to turn to for some relief when everything gets too much.
21. I love your relationship with the rest of SJ. It seems like you’re always the rock for them whenever they cry at awards and whenever you hug them or comfort them I just feel so proud. All the interactions with them on other shows make me squeal as well and the smile on your face every time you guys share some secrets just make me light up inside.
22. I love your selcas. They always seem to be from the same angle, with the camera high up to the left of your face. Maybe that’s your favourite angle but they’re the only way I can keep up with you now that you don’t have a twitter and your smile in the pictures always reassure me that you’re okay.
23. I love it when you’re all bundled up during winter. Like recently, when you’ve been wearing puffy coats and so many scarves or beanies or hats around your head that you just look like a ball, it comforts me to know that at least you are keeping warm.
24. I love it when you speak Chinese/Japanese. Your Chinese pronounciation and intonation is so cute and sometimes so wrong that I just want to pull you out of the screen and give you a private Chinese lesson, or I pronounce the words like how you do, either way. You’re so much more fluent in Japanese than in Chinese and I love the way it rolls off your tongue so smoothly and confidently.
25. I love to watch you play the guitar/bass. It gives me a chance to just see the intense look of concentration on your face, as well as your fingers as they press at the guitar strings, and then I just float on the melodies you produce.
26. I love it when you provide fanservice. Because even if it isn’t me, it makes me happy to see you happy when you see a board with your name and you go over to the fans to thank them, because then you know you are loved.
27. I love it when you do aegyo. Even though you want to me more manly, your aegyo still gets me every time because you are SO SUITED for it and your Bbuing Bbuing makes me smile every time I get a text. Don’t ever stop doing it okay?
28. I love you Lee Sungmin, because you’re wholly and uniquely you.